Immaculata students have a variety of opportunities to participate in the arts. We have an award-winning band and choir, produce an annual student musical, participate in local and regional visual art shows, and more.
Students incorporate their artistic talents in our weekly Mass, Friday Morning Prayer, and cultural celebrations through musical performance, acting, and dance.
Community Engagement & Recognition
Student art pieces are selected annually for the State Fair Fine Arts Competition, and have received as high as 5th place in all of North Carolina. Our bands and choirs hold concerts twice annually, travel to the Trinity School of Durham & Chapel Hill music clinics to practice and perform with students from other local schools, and compete (and place highly) at the Kings Dominion Festival of Music each year. As well, select band students participate in the annual North Carolina Music Educators Association (NCMEA) Honor Ensemble and our choir enters in the MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition, having won second place and thus invited to perform at the WRAL staff Christmas Celebration.
- Student group activities such as: Art Club, Drama, Hip Hop Dance Club, Origami, Arts & Crafts, Sewing, Vocal Club, and more
- Band: Grades 4-5 and Middle School bands
- Liturgical Choir: Junior Choir, Grades 3-4 and 5-8 Choirs, Cantors, Worship Team
- Group and private music lessons: guitar, ukulele, bass, drums, percussion
Arts in Education
- Weekly classes in art and music for students in PreK-Grade 5
- Middle School electives in art, drama, music, and dance
- Annual all-school Art Show, Primary and Intermediate performances, and Middle School musical